Delaware Department of Education
Licensure & Certification
Collette Education Resource Center
35 Commerce Way, Suite 1
Dover, DE 19904

Feel free to contact us:
Skip Navigation Links
If you are an educator who holds Licensure in another state and wishes to apply for a Delaware License, you will need to register and apply online for Delaware Licensure and Certification. The License allows you to teach in Delaware, and the Certificate identifies the subject(s) you may teach. You may apply for only one License but multiple Certificates.

Required documentation:

Your application cannot be processed until we receive all documentation listed on your application.

TRANSCRIPTS - Send official (unopened) transcripts for all degrees and coursework directly to our office. DOE can only accept transcripts from regionally accredited colleges/universities.

NON-DELAWARE CREDENTIALS - Educators who hold a full and current license/certificate in another U.S. state (including District of Colombia, Guam, and Puerto Rico) will receive a comparable Delaware license/certificate.

Delaware does not accept the following credentials as reciprocal:
  1. Certificates of Eligibility
  2. Intern Certificates
  3. Conditional Certification
  4. Substitute Teacher License
  5. Private School License
  6. Endorsements
If your credential is valid beyond the expiration date listed on your Certificate, you must have the issuing State Department of Education submit a letter verifying your credential is still current and valid.

If your credential is not accepted under reciprocity, you will need to submit passing Core Academic Skills for Educators reading, writing, and math scores (or an approved alternative) for your License and the appropriate Praxis II or ACTFL scores or coursework for your Certificate Educational Testing Service (ETS) administers the Praxis tests. Please use reporting code R7065 to ensure test scores are sent electronically to the Delaware Department of Education. For Certificates requiring American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), Language Testing International administers the ACTFL tests. For certificate requirements click here.

TEACHING EXPERIENCE - Applicants who have held a full-time (non-substitute) K-12 teaching position in a school other than a Delaware public or charter school will need to submit Verification of Teaching Experience Form.(Form E) The Form must be completed by the school or the personnel office of the school or district where the experience was obtained and the section listing verification of successful evaluations must be completed.

Nondiscrimination Statement   |  site map   |   about this site   |    contact us   |    translate   |